1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A couple of things:

A. Bill Clinton said he, "couldn't be elected now because I don't like embarrassing people the way Trump does."

2. Bill Clinton can't campaign for anybody right now because, in the current #MeToo environment, no candidate wants an accused rapist standing by them.

So, is there any argument to be made that Bill Clinton couldn't get elected for the reason he stated, as opposed to the reason I stated?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When or if that happens, I'll concede you're right.

3. YankeeFan

So, OOP, what do you think of these, "I'm not saying he hit her, but he probably hit her," posts?

4. Smallpotatoes

Why would I concede it's possible? If something can be asserted without evidence, it can be dismissed without evidence.

5. YankeeFan

So, if they weren't able to bring criminal charges against Cosby or Weinstein, because of the time lapsed, you would not believe either of them to be rapists?

6. Smallpotatoes

I think the evidence against them is much stronger than the evidence against Bill Clinton.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Huh?

8. YankeeFan

Of course you do.

9. Smallpotatoes

There's no evidence Obama ordered anyone to spy on the Trump campaign. If Trump thinks there was, it's up to him to prove it.

10. Smallpotatoes

Why wasn't Clinton prosecuted then?

11. YankeeFan

The question was whether a former president could be impeached. We've shown that they could be.

But, for some reason, you can't/won't concede that one point. It makes it difficult to want to engage you, if you can't admit when you're obviously wrong.

12. YankeeFan

For the same reason a lot of rapists don't face prosecution.

Do you follow the news at all? This isn't a new phenomenon, or one that hasn't been explored extensively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.