1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think we've seen ample evidence, even here on this board, that his believers will believe him no matter what and defend him to the grave. If he gets indicted with capital crimes, they will assume it's a setup or a Democratic conspiracy or that he had to do whatever he did for the good of the country. They will never see him for what he is, which is maddening of course, because it's so fucking obvious.

The problem with American politics—well, one of the many—is that it seems as though a solid third of the country is completely impervious to reason and evidence. When you can't govern and argue based on logic, you are in trouble.

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arguably, the most hilarious thing in the past few weeks is watching Trumpists contorting themselves over Rod Blagojevich.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It must be fact if the vaunted @iamblock provided an anecdotal tweet.

Maybe Melania had an abortion.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes.

But, the argument wasn't that the numbers were fake. The argument was that there were a lot of part time jobs, jobs, without benefits, and people were taking jobs where they made less money than they did at their previous job. And, yes, that more people were out of the job market, because they had given up hope. We also added many people to the disability rolls, who weren't disabled, they just were basically unemployable.

The current jobs numbers are good in almost all aspects, and better than any number put up during the Obama administration.

And, you also can't argue that Trump is a dope, has undone everything Obama did, and has destabilized the economy with his policies and trade wars, but then also say that jobs numbers are due to Obama.

5. YankeeFan

No. No. I want to take him literally.

What did he say - literally. Give me a quote from him, not from someone who read the interview.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Are you lying, or are you just hoping the rest of us forgot?

7. YankeeFan

Yeah. Yeah. Trumpists are "contorting" themselves over Rod Blagojevich."

I swear, Trump is such a dummy, but folks continue to argue strawmen, that are easy to beat, rather than confront what Trump said.

8. YankeeFan

LOL. The King of Hyperbole called them fake, so as to indicate they weren't reflective of the true jobs picture.

You win!

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think this quote better sums up the administration:

The German foreign ministry said on Monday it was seeking “clarification on whether the statements were actually made in the form they were given.”

:rolleyes:

10. YankeeFan

Sure, it's anecdotal, but it's something that hasn't even been considered by the media.

Instead, we're stuck with speculation that the President beat her up, and she can't be seen. (Despite the fact that CNBC's reporter saw her in the WH.)

11. YankeeFan

OK. But, humor me. What did Grenell say?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was both. He was lying and hoping we would forget so he could get away with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.