1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This ridiculous move is just more red-meat (or do I mean white-meat) for the large percentage of Trump supporters who are as racist as he is. It is noteworthy how much more time Trump spends on perceived grievances rather than boasting about the economy, which any normal pol would be doing 24/7. But feeling aggrieved is the heart of Trumpdom.

3. Michael_ Gee

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's yet another divisive distraction to create chaos in the midst of much more serious matters.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What I want to know is, who are these Eagles fans who are going to this musical bukakke show that now has nothing to do with their team or their championship?

Putting it as nicely as I can, Eagles fans are notoriously “abrasive” toward anyone who slights their team.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump feared a replay of this:

[​IMG]

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Howard Schultz was on CNBC for a half hour doing an interview, and I thought he killed it. I am really surprised about how blatantly he sounds like he is running for president. There is nothing coy about what he is doing right now. And he sounds reasonable, honest and like he has a clue. I don't agree with much of what he believes, but at least he comes across as very serious. It's sad how much that counts for, given what America did to itself. If they post a video of this later, it's worth watching.

Two things stuck out for me. ... Everyone knows the liberal social ideas with him (he was good at identifying problems as people like him usually are). But he also hit on the fiscal mess we have created, and criticized both democrats and republicans, and pointed out how no one is paying attention, multiple times. It was refreshing.

Also, there was a question about "Trump opening the door for a CEO to be president," and he killed Trump, but did it with tact and subtlety. He essentially said that he (Schultz) has successfully grown a public company that does business in 77 countries, and he has to answer to a board of directors and investors. Trump ran a private company, in which he may or may not have had to answer to anyone (at least transparently), and nobody has any idea what he did or how well (. ... all said with all due respect, of course!).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Whatever.

In 2020, Republicans will be back to insisting "experience" is a necessary trait for any potential President.

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They’ll be staff members in a Carson Wentz jersey.

10. Michael_ Gee

The chances the Democrats will nominate a CEO in 2020, even a compatible one like Schultz, are less than zero.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.