1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump doesn’t read. He’s functionally illiterate.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So that's Jack Johnson and Muhammad Ali. Could Sonny Liston be next?

(I would say Mike Tyson, but Tyson's alive and thus still a "threat.")

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Others, though, see something darker and sadder, a nihilism born from Trump’s disinterest in and disconnect from everybody except his immediate family and perhaps even them.

“A person can be fatalistic when he’s empty inside,” Trump biographer Michael D’Antonio said in an interview.

“There is no one Trump cares about in any deep enduring way—no one, not even his children,” Tony Schwartz, who wrote The Art of the Deal for Trump and has been for the past couple years one of his most incisive critics, told me in an email. “There are no traditional values he holds deeply—or at all—values which might give him a North Star and a belief that anything matters.”

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

In that sense, he is the perfect American president for the year 2018.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've wondered about this often - what gives Trump joy?

Did he melt inside the first time his kids said "Da-da?" Does he cherish hugs from his grandkids? Does he watch a sunset and marvel at the beauty of the changing colors? Is it a perfectly-struck 9-iron?

Or is it screwing somebody on a business deal?

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Fuck Canada, fuck France, and anyone else that plays by these bullshit hypocritical rules. We’ve been screwed by tariffs by Canada and the EU for years. Now all the crybabies in these countries are whining about POTUS changing things. I don’t give a shit if he doesn’t go. What I would love to see is us getting out of the UN and kicking them out of the country.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You never know what a person truly feels — but if you don’t like his politics you can probably guess.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

SnarkShark, lcjjdnh, HanSenSE and 9 others like this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No, no, no, maybe, yes.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Define ‘we’. The average taxpayer and consumer has benefited. Who has been hurt?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I say this with all sincerity: Who the fuck cares?

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not into biographies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.