1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week in ill-advised new fast food items

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 8, 2018.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

KFC To Test A Vegetarian Fried Chicken, Will Still Use The Colonel's Secret Spices

Not much more to add.

I reckon the fast food purists (if there is such a thing) are sickened by this.
    And trust me, no self-respecting vegetarian is stepping into a KFC.

As a vegetarian, I may not be in the mainstream. Even among vegetarians. But personally, I like vegetables. In their natural form. I never understand these seitan-ish, tofu-ish Frankenstein processed food creations that are marketed to vegetarians. Are there really people this will appeal to? Anyone here looking forward to this?

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Probably the same vegetarians that buy vegetarian bacon.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There’s an oxymoron!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That kid was great.

Did they serve him vegetarian bacon? I remember they made a big deal about birthday breakfasts.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It was veggie bacon and he said it tasted like Band-Aids.

Kid was a breakfast fiend.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My wife's niece and her husband are vegetarians. Not obnoxious vegan evangelists, just a health/moral choice they made. They do eat eggs and the odd bit of fish from time to time. They have two little girls they adopted from China. For me, one of the great joys of Christmas breakfasts at Grandma's was seeing those two kids snake a couple of pieces of bacon each and ease around into the den and snarf it down.

OscarMadison, qtlaw, Vombatus and 2 others like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My goal is to so smoothly slip into vegetarianism for health reasons as I age that no one notices. I think that's the best way to do it. I come from a family of butchers, so I have no qualms with eating meat. We just all die of a heart attack so early I'm going to try to buck that generational trend.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m a proud member of PETA.

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

fossywriter8 and Vombatus like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not a lot of self-respecting chicken eaters I know go to KFC. They've been going south for a long, long time. When I really need a fried chicken fix and it's gotta be a chain, it's Popeye's.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

As of the other day, the nearest Bojangles is now seven minutes away instead of 25. I'm gonna gain weight.

maumann and lcjjdnh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted