1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Opinion | A note to readers

By Charles Krauthammer

I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications — which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over. ...

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life — full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    heyabbott likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hate the stories when they get the cancer, and then it comes back with a vengence.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I remember reading his essay in college about his diving injury and how at the time he wish he'd died right then. I'm assuming he changed his mind given his career afterwards, but it was a powerful essay.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He has the emotional depth of an 8 year old. He doesn’t know he’s empty inside. He just thinks he’s hungry for another BigMac

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know but I hear @Dick Whitman was banned for life which, if true, is sad.

#freedickwhitman

Seriously, if you don't like the guy, fine, sit him for a month or two. But he adds more life and vitality to this place than the financial wizard does.

SnarkShark, lcjjdnh, TyWebb and 3 others like this.
  7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Seriously?? I miss Dick Whitman. :(

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What would Whitman do to get the permanent ban hammer?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nah. Fuck all that. I had no issue with him but If others did, well, You drunk drive enough times they ultimately stop suspending your license and take it away for good. Eventually you have to stop wagging the finger while saying “this is your last warning” and actually pull the trigger.

Fred siegle and franticscribe like this.
  10. poindexter

Haha, Dick and Boom sent to the cornfield
    [​IMG]

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fedora-wearing in public.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  12. poindexter

Yeah man, they tell you enough times, and you poke the bear enough times, this is what happens.

His last week before his execution, how many times did he post that he was told he had the most complaints (or something like that)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.