1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

TDS

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How do you trust those things are going to stay on? Particularly under TV lights, etc. Inevitable.
    On a more important note, how are our relations with our allies these days?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

You know that is an optical illusion right?

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is meant as a provocative question, and in a sense it's obvious, but I still sometimes find it worth asking as an exercise.

Why does it matter if various leaders of European nations appear to like America? Or Canadian leaders? I mean, to be clear, I don't think any of them think a whole hell lot of America in most circumstances when a Republican is in charge - be it Reagan or Bush or W or Trump (note: I only voted for one of these men, one time) - but if we're imagining the value of being liked...what, precisely, does it get America? What has it gotten America? What could it get America?

I ask in part because I believe, to the extent Trump thinks at all about anything, this is how he thinks. The fuck does he care, if Angela Merkel is unhappy? Or Trudeau? Or Macron? Or any of them? I'm not saying we shouldn't care about our geopolitical neighbors. I am asking: To what end?

I tend to ask the same question about immigration. So, if we're going to keep using the Ellis Island answer for every single undocumented immigrant who comes here then why have borders at all?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cue the “this is why Trump won” takes.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Awesome. I hope Trump and his whole grifter family and their little grifter kids never feel comfortable in New York City again.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Global friendships matter, and so do trade accords. The world is fractured enough as it is.

What happens next? G7 turns against USA and then what? Russia and China could team up and create real chaos.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

After answering "Why shouldn't teachers fuck students?" on the latest Poin thread, I'm feeling like I'm swinging at softballs.

However:

1) Voting blocs at the United Nations.

2) Free trade.

3) National defense.

4) A host of other shared benefits, such as the International Space Station.

5) Karma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.