1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think this is dead on. Going back to take another shot at the ACA is a losing game, and doing it by trying to strip away pre-existing protections is outright lunacy. Even Obamacare haters don't want to see that taking root, because going back to those bad old days is just as likely to affect them or their family as it is the poors.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/go...ing-condition-protections-will-backfire-bigly

2. Neutral Corner

Called them out. I doubt we'll need earplugs to protect from the volume of the response.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Ahhhh mercantilism. I'd remembered that was the philosophy that fueled building empires back in the day, but hadn't actually used the word since college history or econ.

It's amazing how the simple narrative of that still can grab attention. The implied self-reliance, which doesn't account for the fact if we have a ton of exports, it's just our jobs that are tied to other countries. You know more about currencies than I do, but I recall one professor in money and banking class pointing out that if we bought foreign goods with US dollars, we had the ancillary benefit of dollars out there that would likely be turned around to buy US goods/services.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Schiff is just as much of a partisan dope as his colleagues.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I said cultural gathering.

lakefront likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Luckily, as @MisterCreosote points out, this is not a problem Virginia faces.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sounds like Ray LaMontagne is going back to his country-rock sounds of the early 2010s.

And like you, I've been going to DMB shows since the mid-1990s. Unlike, say, Pearl Jam or other 1990s rock bands, the Dave Matthews crowd keeps bringing in younger generations. Lots of twenty-somethings among us Dad Rock folks.

Must be the marijuana ... ;)

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Saw Dave on Saturday. The hell you say: There was marijuana at the concert????

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Losers.

MisterCreosote likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I tried to listen to the new Dave album this morning. It wasn't good. I'll still like his older stuff, but there was some pure fucking dreck on this new record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.