1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's any "fireman" connection. What's confusing is that "rescue" is a common name for firefighter organizations, and fire stations are often numbered. So you see something red, with the word "rescue" and a huge "1" . . . and you think "fireman!".

He simply rescues broken coffee machines.

3. Steak Snabler

Barbarella named secretary of the Space Force.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never enough aliens to kill, I guess.

goalmouth likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The official uniform of Space Force

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So much MAGA ...

garrow likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

We have not been separating children from asylum seekers until their status is determined since 1998.

And the Bureau of Labor Statistics disagrees with your "not really, wages are rising" retort. If you have data proving otherwise, I'd love to see it.

8. Steak Snabler

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Mattis and the rest of the military opposes this, because they feel there is enough bureaucracy already.

On top of it, it opens up a can of worms. Do we really want to be fighting wars in space? With all of the satellites floating around in space, do we really want the expense and effort of having to defend them? We can't afford all of our military spending already.

10. Inky_Wretch

Doesn't matter. Trump wants to point at the sky and imagine space fighters going "pew pew pew."

garrow likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Space has already been militarized. It's just that no one talks about it much. If it drops in the pot vs. the Russians or Chinese, one of the first things that will happen is that they'll try to take down our GPS satellites. There are hardened satellites in orbit, and I'd be willing to bet that there are some in orbit that are essentially giant canister shells built to send anti-sat buckshot into the orbit of the GPS sats. Lasers as well, either already up or available to be launched at need. We've got them too, either in orbit or launchable.

Orbital mechanics makes where a given satellite will be when completely predictable. That means that taking a shot at our GPS is not that difficult. Satellites are by their nature somewhat fragile, their antenna and solar cells need to be external. They are in general a soft kill. I'm sure that we know that and have taken steps to harden our GPS and recon/ElInt sats. No one really knows as yet who has the advantage in the hunter/killer vs defense race in space.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.