1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that Belgium are really good, but how the fuck did we finish behind this Panama team. They are awful.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Anyone on Team USA watching has to be thinking, 'how is Panama there and we're not.'

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least we're spared journalists and their smug "#YekaterinburgProblems" blogs.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because the US team was fucking awful. No talent, no heart, no coaching.

Panama is not good. They're much better than the US.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Losing to T&T for just the third time ever. Losing 2 of 5 home qualifiers in the Hex. Sticking with big-name players and coaches when their performance didn't merit it. This US team earned their place on the sofa during the World Cup, and anyone complaining about other countries who are there being undeserving is talking out of their hindquarters.

MileHigh, HanSenSE and Cosmo like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Landon Donovan's "my other team is Mexico" ad campaign is a traveshamockery.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Leon just cut him loose, man needs a paycheck.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

England going to England, here?

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Well, the U.S. didn't lose to them in qualifying and beat them 4-0 just a game before the crap at Trinidad and Tobago. I'm not saying the U.S. deserved to be in in any way and good for Panama. But no, Panama is not much better than the U.S.

10. cjericho

They owe Trinidad and Tobago players at least a Christmas card
    Really? Much better. so they'd never lose 4-0 to a team they are much better than? I realize the US played terribly but to say Panama is much better
    is asinine.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The T&T game was awful, but even post-Klinsi, it never should have been an issue. We got 4 points from the final 4 games. The next to last weekend was just awful. Loss to CR at home and tie at Honduras when 4 points would have put it all to bed.

12. cjericho

Did I say undeserving? Just said Panama is not good and the US has to be thinking how did they not qualify.
    Guess every team that is in the World Cup is better than every time that didn't make it. No way Italy or the Netherlands could
    beat a Saudi Arabia.

JFC, I wasn't complaining. Just saying the US team has to be thinking 'we f'd up.' You realize in every sport sometimes the most talented team
    doesn't always win?

Draft saved Draft deleted