1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not sure how you leave Kane wide open there

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Guess they should have just tackled Kane, like on every other corner.

Does Tunisia have any player on the field who hasn't suffered a major, major injury in this game?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The US has access to the world's easiest route to qualification. Beat out some combination of Honduras/Panama/Trinidad/Jamaica for a top three spot. And even if you miss, you get an intercontinental playoff against another minnow. It should not be that difficult. The US missing out on a World Cup is humiliating.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The GK should have done better there. Like maybe move - at all.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree. Although Asia is probably just as easy.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

True, though travel in Asia qualifying is a bitch. Iran, Australia, Japan and South Korea tend to find their way through most times, with the occasional cameo from Saudi Arabia.

7. cjericho

South Korea-Sweden worth watching the replay tonight? didn't wake up for that.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not really.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know Mexico calls it futbol, but do Canadians call it soccer? Are there other countries where the sport is referred to as soccer?

10. cjericho

I don't have social media other than twitter and pretty much read that to follow friends I used to work with. Don't care about the color of the people on the teams, but I'd rather
    see more of the best teams in the WC. Someone I do read on twitter said maybe the qualifying could be like the Davis Cup so it's not purely based on region. Don't know the
    organizers of the Davis Cup, so not sure if they are against certain countries and people. It would probably not be feasible, but would like to see teams from North America
    having to play teams from South America and teams from Asia having to play teams from Europe to qualify.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Australia. Because they already have Aussie rules football.

12. cjericho

Donny in his element likes this.
  13. cjericho

Draft saved Draft deleted