1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And it'll be the media's fault because their reporting is riling up the criminals and their bratty kids -- Republican logic.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Democrats need to hit the Republicans hard. Put photos of the kids in cages and say, "Republican X supports separating kids and locking them in cages. This is what they mean by 'Lock them up!' "

No mealy-mouthed nonsense. Slam them.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That won’t work — this is exactly what half the country wants.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A majority of republican voters support this policy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It seems this issue is tailor made for Democrats to drive a wedge between the cultural conservatives and the libertarians/old-money GOP.

There is simply no way one can call oneself a Christian and support what is happening at our borders.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nielsen pinch-hitting for SHYFS at the White House briefing. Pass the popcorn and don't wear new shoes!

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not half. Less than 30 percent according to three national polls.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This was in the works for more than a year. (And not since 1998.)

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This newser is only going to add more fuel to this dumpster fire.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Off to a roaring start

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I just gave you the law. These laws have been on the books since 1998. Look them up yourself. Those laws haven't been sitting around for two decades and completely ignored. I'm telling what has been going on. I fgave you a HuffPo article from 2013. I have seen these detention centers myself.

By the way, "catch and release" is separate. That's not the same as someone claiming asylum and traveling with a minor. You are conflating the two, not that is surprises me.

https://lawandcrime.com/immigration...separated-children-from-their-families-too-2/

According to Attorney Angelo Guisado:

"[T]hese places are tortuous: policies include banning mothers and children from sleeping together and turning lights on/off every hour to ensure this…guaranteeing sleep deprivation, this aside from your other standard physical/sexual abuse in ICE custody."

But hey, it's all about that racist Trump, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.