1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Please don't make me say the sort of thing that the Secret Service interviews people over.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A postcard for YF ...

[​IMG]

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since he was a high schooler, Cotton has been plotting to be POTUS. Nothing will stop him.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I also think the question they asked wasn't particularly illuminating. I'm amazed it's only 66 percent opposition to separating families. That's like asking if you support mom and apple pie. I'd guess the 27 percent mostly don't have a clue on the background, but are going along because they support Trump.

Now if you ask how many people:
    - Support passing a law to allow detaining kids with parents longer than 20 days, then keeping them together as a family in detention centers while the parents go through the process
    - Support releasing the entire family and hoping they show up for the trial

You'd get very different - and much more meaningful - responses than when you ask "Do you support or oppose separating families?"

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What did I just ask of you?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They really need to circulate talking points better than this.

garrow likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What for? The only people who care about the inconsistencies are the people who didn’t vote for him and never will.

Mueller needs to shit or get off the pot. I understand due process or thoroughness, but dammit man, I’d be OK with overlooking both to be rid of this two-bit cocktater

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Pop quiz: It's a fuckin' _____ show.

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump accused Canadians of entering the US to buy shoes and smuggle them into Canada by wearing them after they "scuffed them up to make them look old." He is in a severe state of mental deterioration. But he's a white supremacist, so it's all good to "the base." Never was a group of people so aptly nouned.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump simply has no sole.

Sea Bass, Webster, BadgerBeer and 3 others like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am watching this. I can't believe that people have become inured to this moron. Amazingly, the shoe thing hasn't even been close to the dumbest piece of bullshit that has passed his lips. It was actually the opposite of what you heard. He said they smuggle U.S. goods back into Canada to avoid Canadian tariffs. ... apparently, one pair of Florsheims at a time. “They buy shoes and they wear ‘em. They scuff ‘em up to make ‘em sound old, or look old.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.