1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump is speaking to the National Federation of Independent Businessmen, the small business trade association. They are warmly applauding his racist rant. The idea it's "working class" whites who like white supremacy is a libel. Just as many or more well-off ones do, too.

lakefront likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I did this as a teenager.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What kind of shoes?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who knows? But I can't tell the sock puppets and strawmen without a scorecard here some days.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Here's what happens when those precautions aren't followed.

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says

People can say whatever they want about Obama, but his class and eloquence made deporting 2.5 million people go down smooth. The Obama administration treated these people pretty much the same way the Trump administration is, but the TV guy told you to be angry, so here we are.

7. Neutral Corner

8. HanSenSE

So you're saying it's a clown question?

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How does this square with your side asserting for eight years that Obama turned the border into a lawless free-for-all?

Furthermore, yes, we should be angry. Even if it's true that immigrant children were punitively separated from their parents under previous administrations and I wasn't paying attention then, it doesn't matter. I'm paying attention to a monstrosity that's happening now. I don't have to be aware of all the terrible things that have ever happened to be outraged by a terrible thing happening right in front of me. There's never a wrong time to do the right thing.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jordan’s

11. Neutral Corner

12. HanSenSE

We may have reached some common ground here. The U.S. adopts a Canadian-style health care system, and our friends in the Great White North get unlimited access to our shoes. Capiche?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.