1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but how much personal insult, or bullying or obsessive-compulsive bullshit has to come with it?

There's a point at which the board's most ardent posters are their own worst enemies.

poindexter and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Nobody's locking up threads every other day, either.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Over the years I have really become skeptical of slants from all directions on topics from all sides. If I smell a bias in a news reporting organization, I won’t click them anymore.

Even if I am not reading what Fox or CNN or MSNBC are peddling, just the glancing at the headlines will make my head swim.

NPR is slow to write but almost always right.

What We Know: Family Separation And 'Zero Tolerance' At The Border

They are not constantly pushing content to fill air time. I liked this recap of where everything stands right now.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu: inhumane and inefficient?

You bet!

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This may not be exactly on thread topic, but it involves a quasi-political figure so I'm putting it here. Nate Silver tweeted that he prefers no-tipping restaurants because it's more convenient "and you don't have to do a bunch of math and stuff." I mean, what?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The policy is progressing. Tent City is not the final solution. ;)

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think Nate has lots of time to kill before he leaves ESPN for ABC News.

Looks like he was referencing an earlier tweet noting the differences in tipping culture.

Still, an oddball point.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If only there was some technology and stuff that people could carry in their pockets to help them with math and stuff.

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I finally had enough and put one of them on blast - I just couldn't stand his style of "arguing" any longer. He was never interested in debate, just being a pain in the ass.
    I find it interesting that we have the return of one of the most annoying posters into this topic, one who really hadn't been around much, since the other two have disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.