1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I would have walked out of this movie. Totally implausible.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is it possible she's doing it to embarrass him on purpose?

I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN.

3. FileNotFound

Normally I think it's absurd to talk about the fashion choices of celebrity women. At this minute, it has never been more important.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. A ludicrous error.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The only way this could've been worse is if it literally said Let Them Eat Cake.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that. It's pretty consistently a shitshow with Trump. Even his daughter steps in it a little, and she's pretty polished.

Hermes likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

Carefully plotted and planned?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There's nothing better than liking a candy no one else likes.

I love black jelly beans like nothing else in this world. Used to get bags and bags of them every Easter in class because everyone else would just give them to me.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This entire crew is so aggrieved that they constantly think they are the victims. I would suspect this is as much about, in her mind, the media's treatment of her as if you say "I don't care what the media says about us, do you?" Even Melania, who is probably the least trollish of the entire clan, cannot resist feeling like they are the victims of unfairness. Nor can she step outside the bubble and think "This might come across as totally offensive."

All of modern conservatism is trolling. This is what 20 years of Fox News and conservative talk radio has wrought. This is why Stephen Miller is getting wins on all kinds of policy proposals. Troll the libs, mock anyone who has disrespected us, enrich ourselves, laugh at anyone who complains. This is just a continuation of "Whomp whomp" about a kid with Downs Syndrome that they trotted out yesterday. They do. not. care.

Elections have consequences. Everyone who didn't take Trump at his word, thought there was no difference between the two candidates, and all the media who thought it would be kind of fun to cover a troll president, should understand this now. Instead we have the New York Times, yesterday, writing a story that says essentially: One side is tearing children away from their parents. The other side is not being civil about it. Both sides are to blame.

matt_garth, HanSenSE, Alma and 2 others like this.
  10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The Trump Administration. Where Alpha Males (....and the occasional Alpha Female) go to meet their Waterloo.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

very fine people

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nothing the Fuhrer and his crew do is by accident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.