1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Poor Lady Ubu!

Life was so much easier when she didn't wear anything at all!

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was about to post something similar. I believe this, 10o percent. It's all about the "enemy of the people" media bullshit. Which continues to be incredibly dangerous.

I will never, ever feel sympathy for Melania. She knew who she married. If she really doesn't like it, leave. And she was on board with the birther bullshit.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure this was staged. Maybe.

But if they really wanted her to be seen in the jacket, she wouldn't have taken it off during the flight. She'd have arrived in it.

This feels more like another unforced error by the Confederacy of Dunces.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe she really doesn't care.

heyabbott and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed here. Smearing shit on the bathroom walls is how I’ve long envisioned it. They smear the shit and instead of the Republicans just being worse - and they are worse - the entire institution of politics is dinged.

I have an ongoing argument with a good friend who just unloads on Trump. Rightly so. But she also didn’t vote for Clinton. Because she didn’t meet my friend’s bar either. And whenever she tells me about I say, hey, you’re great, we’re friends, but the presidential race is a competition. A vote for Clinton was a vote against Trump. You blew it. So did millions of others who were too good for either candidate. Trump voters by and large love the guy. They’re having a great time in this presidency.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Meh, if you went after said capitalist - which no one has with any real teeth - there wouldn’t be nearly this many undocumented immigrants.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thing is I can be on board to limited immigration. Deporting illegals who really deserve it. Real tax reform. A more self interested foreign policy. But trump, his advisors and supporters don’t have a thoughtful or analytical thing to say. They are just reactionary trolls.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll say it again. If they really wanted zero tolerance for undocumented immigrants taking those jobs, they'd start locking up the people who hire them.

Do that, they stop getting hired, and the ones who come here to make more money will largely stop coming. Legit asylum seekers will still come.

That won't happen, because corporate America across any number of industries wants cheap labor, and because the people responsible for continuing to hire them are wealthy, white, and donate to politicians.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As I was saying, of course she is the victim...

I love this how exchange went though. Nothing like undermining your people.

Press: Why is she wearing that jacket?

FLOTUS flack: It’s just a jacket. Why are you making this a thing? It would be a real shame if this was the focus of her visit.

POTUS: THE JACKET IS A FUCK YOU TO THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA AND SHE WORE IT TO RUB HER ASS IN YOUR FACE! SUCK IT, LIBS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.