1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Because the level of Islamic extremism rises to an entirely different level of death, destruction, and terrorism?

And by the way, I’ve heard quite a few religious voices denouncing the treatment of migrant children.

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Peter Fonda thinks Barron should be kidnapped and raped by pedophiles.

Yet Sony is still releasing his movie. and hardly anyone bats an eye, while the same people were so outraged by Roseanne. There is no hypocrisy like the liberal hypocrisy.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Peter Fonda is still alive?

Your post is the first I've heard of his comments and I had no idea he had a movie coming out. What he wrote was disgusting and I would have absolutely no problem if somebody pulled the plug on his work just as ABC did to Barr.

I don't think it will happen. Though the comments were very different, both are unacceptable. I actually find his to be even more disturbing because it was personal and it was directed at a child. I am curious to know if you spoke up like this when disgusting comments were made about President Obama's children, too? I don't remember.

I assume you are talking about The Last Full Measure. That one reason the situations are different. Roseanne was Barr's show. She was the star. She was the creator. Fonda is playing a relatively small role in a movie with quite a few big names in the cast (Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson, William Hurt and Ed Harris among them.) Christopher Plummer seems to play a significant role, too. All of those guys get higher billing than Fonda.

When was this Tweet posted? The oldest story I saw about it was 16 hours ago, so yesterday afternoon. Didn't it take ABC a day to pull the plug on Roseanne? Not only are the situations different, but you didn't even wait for there to be time for action or reaction before assuming things.

And it is different. The comments are different, though both were awful and I think his was even worse. The people are different. When was the last time you even heard anything about Fonda? Barr was in the news due to the return of her show and support of Trump. Their roles in the projects are different and the projects themselves are not the same.

To be clear, I can't denounce what Fonda said enough. I'm disgusted by it and I'm certainly doing more than batting an eye. I didn't call for Barr to lose her show before it happened, but I didn't have an issue with ABC's response. My thoughts are similar here, though Fonda has a much smaller role in the project you are talking about.

This is all a way of saying your point was premature and it was utter bullshit, but thank you for alerting me to what Fonda did. It truly was reprehensible.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Once detained immigrant chil
    Wolfs Lair was freezing, so Eva Braun would sleep with a German Shepherd. You can look it up.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If there is a blue wave at midterms or Trump is somehow impeached, I fear "Womp, womp" will be the headline of choice for many publications.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know why I bother replying to this horseshit, but ... anyone who groups people into a single mindset is a simpleton. I know it's the only way you can wrap your head around society, but it's faulty.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No one cares. It's one level above Rainman posting drivel on a message board. If it upsets you more than what is happening with the immigrant children, then you're what's wrong with America.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Julia must not know any moderate or liberal Christians FB feeds the last 2 weeks.

Christianity in America is often unfortunately judged by a handful of politicians/rich evangelists who say they’re Christian. So my view on it - or the apoplectic view of the many millennial Christians who attend my church - is drowned out by Sessions or Ryan or Falwell.

For all the attention Christianity receives from the American press I’m convinced a lot of journalists have no idea how theology works or what’s even in, say, most of the New Testament.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Today's reminder that if you side with the Republican Party, you are telling the rest of society that you simply are not moral.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

As far as I know all episodes of Roseanne were shown.

Fonda has likely already been paid for a supporting role. So not showing the movie will do him little harm. Let's see if he ever works again at Sony, or any other major studio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.