1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

literal idiot

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Again, I wish he would save these weeks where he acts like a toddler for late October.

3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, after all the links I have shared and the discussions going on, people here lack the intellectual capacity to understand there is no crisis. I'm sorry people at SJ.com lack the intellectual capacity to be able to differentiate between immigrants and illegal immigrants, and I'm sorry members here don't understand the whole purpose behind the Flores Decree. At this point, I cannot dumb it down anymore.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL

Baron Scicluna and franticscribe like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Are you OOP's evil twin?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

With all due respect...they did help stop it.

It stopped.

It never should have started, but it stopped.

As it relates to why Christians have been embedded for (far) too long in the Republican Party, I'd say two things:

>>The uncoupling is in process and has been for about 10 years. Millennials and young Gen Xers who cut their teeth on the individualistic, seeker-sensitive 90s church are seeing the spell cast over those massive congregations. The spell is ending.

>>To the extent the spell still holds among younger Christians, it's largely abortion. Not gay marriage. Not really. Abortion, tho...even this week, it came up in circles. As a platform emerges for "Christian" candidates over the next decades, abortion will make the cut. So will gun control.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You see, it's not a case of "dumbing it down." You're already the dummy. We're humoring you.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I know they did.

But their passivity and self-interest also helped start it.

I'm just noting the inherent intention of that question, no matter who asks it, and who is called upon to answer.

"Why didn't the moderate ____ do ____ when they had the chance?"

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Does it get any dumber than pretending a facebook meme is your own experience?

HanSenSE and Fred siegle like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can. I believe in you.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I visit my parents' megachurch about two or three times a year during holidays. Hey, Starbucks and comfy seats. I can sit through inoffensive pop disguised as worship music for an hour.

What I've found interesting is how during the Trump administration the teaching has become very apolitical. Very insulated, where the teaching over the decade before wasn't explicitly political but had a subtext to it. Much less call to action and more about improving internally. I'm guessing churches where young people are not only involved, but are in leadership positions, are split down the middle and the church's answer is to ignore it all.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This "differentiation" doesn't mean so much when we're talking about helpless children. At least not to those with a sense of human decency and compassion.

Sorry that you can't grasp that.

Fred siegle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.