1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This Red Hen action, by just one person, could turn blue votes into red votes.

Virginia is rather purple, but it’s going to be more red than blue if stuff like this keeps up.

So, a statue of the owner should be built at the Red Hen.

Then one side can come out and worship the statue. The other can argue for it to be torn down. And within a few years, there will be very unnecessary deaths over a fickle statue.

History. Rinse. Repeat.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OJ is a convicted felon (and probably a murderer but not convicted of that). I don't think this is apples to apples.
    I disagree with QYFW's politics in general, but seem to agree with him on this issue based on what he posted (HELL FREEZES OVER!!). Denying someone service because you disagree with their politics just seems wrong to me. But someone, I think Poidexter, made a valid point above. Easy for me to sit here and say that. It isn't my business. I don't know the town well enough to know the impact.

Whatever, I think it is a slippery slope. The Post, I think it was, ran a story soon after what's her name was basically heckled out of the restaurant in D.C. There's always been an unwritten rule (what is this, baseball) that "controversial figures" are allowed to go about daily living without being hassled.

Vombatus and QYFW like this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Reminds me. Wanted to thank you for your bravery in calling out a man like Charles Krauthammer in death. Bold move that could potentially save millions, if not democracy itself. You are the hero we need.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Was confused initially. Not a huge fan of orange juice but I think it should be served in most restaurants.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not one vote will be changed by this incident, which at our current news cycle pace will be forgotten by Tuesday. Moddy, I believe there is a distinct difference between "controversial figure" and "person in charge of kidnapping children and imprisoning them."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When you've lost the father of a Fox and Friends, ....

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Then maybe post it on that thread.

As I said, he was an admirable man.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s so adorable how so many think being nice to a group of folks who call them “libtards” is going to help.

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

We wants a catastrophic, unrecoverable database failure at Twitter. That’s what we wants.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu says, Popeye for President!

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.