1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two anomalies from the Red Hen matter. 1. Restaurant owners are small businesspeople, the most reliable and conservative Republican constituency of them all. And restaurateurs, utterly dependent on the disposable income of others, tend to be more so. This woman was extremely atypical. 2. What the hell was Sanders doing in Lexington, Va. last night? It ain't close to DC (or anywhere else). Her boss flew to Vegas today, and left this morning. Isn't the press secretary along on trips like that?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This stuff seems to be happening more and more often. People are frustrated and fed up, and when they see a chance to speak out, they are. It may be loud and rude, but it's hard to resist yelling "Shame on you" at someone who is trying to do away with care for pre-existing conditions.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The plan was to get some pizzas from Newtown Baking in Staunton tonight. But even though it would add an extra hour round trip, I'm awfully tempted to go check out Red Hen.

HanSenSE and franticscribe like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Get there before it closes.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton is refused service by a restaurant any time in the near future, their supporters will have a lot less of a leg to stand on.

7. Michael_ Gee

It is unlikely either of them will ever be refused service, as they live and travel to places that are worth visiting. Also, neither of them is a racist pig shit liar abetting a criminal traitor President.

lakefront likes this.
  8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I visit family in Staunton a couple times a year. Next time I'm up there I think I'll make a side trip to Lexington and the Red Hen.

9. Michael_ Gee

Another weird thing is the usual reaction of restaurateurs is to take pictures of any celebrity who wanders in and put them on the wall. This was really unusual behavior taken at what the woman must know is real commercial risk (Lexington, Va. ain't Lexington, Mass.). She must be a very strong willed person.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Free country. Except in that particular restaurant.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good place to leave an upper deck road win.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You should let me know next time you are this way. All this hubub aside, Lexington is also a cool town to visit.

Big Circus and franticscribe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.