1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Unless Barack is dining at TINMHITTMAL Friday's, he'll probably be OK.

I Should Coco and QYFW like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Trump specifically -- and clearly -- was talking about murderous gang members when he made the "animal" speech. Murderous gang members some illegal immigrants are supposedly coming here seeking asylum from, BTW. He never even said the words "undocumented immigrants" in that part of the speech.
    But, yeah, Hitler, Trump, to-may-oh, to-mah-to ...

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for Poor Whitey to realize that Rich Whitey ain't gonna make Poor Whitey rich. But Poor Whitey dumb.

D-U-M-M dumb.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In fairness, all poor people are dumb.

5. Slacker

Wrong. That was the cop-out line a day later.

Go back and watch the clip. We talked it up here. Trump was targeting all the brownies.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This clip?

EDIT: That was one from last summer. I got it confused with the more current controversy. Here's the one I should have posted. He answered a question directly about MS-13.
    And sorry if I missed it. This thread moves fast and it's often a shitshow that angers up the blood.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Vombatus likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Heck of a job, brownies.

Peak current day sj that the above post was liked by BR ‘yab.

8. Slacker

You're still wrong. And your first clip was an egregious gaffe. Try to keep up, OK?

In the correct clip, Trump wasn't talking about MS-13 or gang-bangers at all. The woman sheriff or police chief across the table worked it into her follow-up question after that, and then the Trumpies latched onto that.

Work harder, dude.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  10. Slacker

White House press secretary position currently is filled.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That would be like waiting for Godot.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't want to dredge up a month-old debate that was apparently done and settled around here, but don't fucking patronize me.
    You're pretty clearly reading into what you want to and latching onto that. Maybe I am, too, but it seems pretty clear what he was talking about.
    Trump has, several times now, over the course of a year, referred specifically to MS-13 as "animals." He was asked a question by a sheriff about illegal immigrant gang members and criminals, and local authorities' problems with dealing with them. It was clear he was referring to the gang members and criminals -- unless you have the pre-conceived notion that he wasn't and are eager to pounce on that, which obviously a lot of people are.
    Unless there's another clip and controversy that I missed where he said the words quoted in Heyabbot's meme?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.