1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If this border situation happened in October, it would be perfect for the Democrats from a national standpoint.

Twelve years ago, they were able to ride out Iraq outrage to power in DC and the opening for Obama. One of the few times they’ve won substantially in a strong economy (1996 Clinton won but he also shifted to a centrist with a Republican Congress).

Democrats will find outrage from three other things from now until November, hoping that either one of them sticks or the economy tanks. Perhaps a new Sandra Fluke will emerge. Perhaps Mitch McConnell will have a MeToo allegation.

Looking at the prospect of winning elections, Democrats have an opening to win people like me. I’m a mellowed conservative and think Trump is a buffoon. If the Dems just ticked a little more to the center, economically, I’d probably give them a serious look. But they don’t. They trade in doom and gloom, even when most of the numbers suggest otherwise.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And a lot seem to have TDS.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is true of most posters here.

And I don't believe that a number of posters left here because of one person.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can join their fat husbands in fights at youth softball tournament games.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Lots of funny stuff --and good points--on twitter today regarding shs...

To @HallieJackson: The premise of your question is completely ridiculous & shows the lack of knowledge you have.. To @Acosta: I know it's hard for you to understand even short sentences. To @AprilDRyan: That's an absolutely ridiculous question. That's not showing respect.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In what specific way(s) to the center economically?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The truest tweet ever written.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

A small reminder. It’s fuck YOUR feelings.

Mine remain very important.

(Not that I’m a big fan of denying service to someone. But I’m not a fan of most of this bullshit)

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it in the last week that Drudge took down some nonsense photo? And now the most powerful man is falling back on that outlet because he is the snowflake-iest snowflake of them all.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.