1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Quit demonizing people who make $75,000 or more. We pay taxes, too. And some of us don’t even think we deserve a tax cut. I’m good with the levels I pay.

Quit hiding behind the vague language of “working families”. That’s code for “people who hate their jobs”.

Quit saying “investment” when you want to spend money on busy-work projects.

Have some stones and say the retirement age has to go up soon. I’m ready to work until I’m 73 unless cancer gets me or a bus hits me.

Democrats are once more firing up the cheap politics of “see... those evil people have money and you don’t!” when unemployment is 4%.

Republicans will respond by firing up their Lee Greenwood songs at rallies while a real estate developer keeps convincing uneducated forklift operators who smoke two packs a day that his policies will benefit them the most.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Man, where I grew up and where I live now, $75,000 is just worlds apart.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No rule of law.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That really is a great read. You cannot get all those details about the metered process to the situation from tweets. You also don't get that this isn't the first time this has happened to Sanders. There is the buried lede.

We are living in a very delicate time in our country where orderly protest is being treated as if it's a mortal sin. The owner made a decision and will stand by it. She understands that and thankfully the Washington Post wrote a clear story describing what happened. It's probably going to be hard to get a better news story than that on what happened. I doubt you will get anything more than "kicked out" by most "news" organizations.

It's also sad that many Americans cannot see the difference to not serve someone for their actions than not serving them for how they were born. Not serving someone in a David Duke shirt is not the same as not serving a black family. As a country, we just cannot see nuances anymore.

I hope her business stays a business after all of this because in America, I sort of feel, the right to properly express yourself to those who you think are doing wrong is what our soldiers are fighting for, too.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Everybody left because of me? That's amazing. I don't post that often. They must be super sensitive snowflakes.

6. exmediahack

Mine is more regional. I live in flyover country where it is dirt cheap to live.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The people that need to read and understand your post won’t. Symptom or cause of the times with which we live?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think it was Canada and their snowflakes in general.

Except for HC. She’s cool.

HC likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

12. exmediahack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.