1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm agreeing. It's shocking that the US didn't play better over ten games than Panama.

Of course, Canada didn't even make the hex.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You guys are fucking killing me with this.

I'm sure the team that couldn't beat Trinidad & Tobago for a spot in the World Cup would be tearing it up right now.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Lots of PKs, which I’m pleased to see. Far too many teams trying to push and tackle their way to a 0-0 draw against more talented squads.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the US should have been there, at least. Drawn into the same group, I don't think they advance. But football has strange results. Wales beat this Belgian team 3-1 at Euro two years ago. But if you're not there, you'll never know what might have been. The US should never fail to make the World Cup out of CONCACAF. It should be a coast.

cjericho likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. PCLoadLetter

Let me clarify - totally agree with that. The US absolutely has to qualify out of CONCACAF. No excuses.

They didn't, and I have no reason to think anyone involved would develop heart or talent in the months leading up to the World Cup.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Appears to me that Colombia has the best visiting fans.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That third colombia goal is my favorite of the tournament

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No one said they'd be tearing it up. You said Panama is much better. That is asinine.

10. PCLoadLetter

Yeah, and I later allowed that "better" is more accurate than "much better." And given that Panama is in Russia and the US isn't, I'll pretty happily stand by that.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Ok. Right.

12. PCLoadLetter

I mean, how hard was that?

Draft saved Draft deleted