1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can get ethanol-free gas at some places for your lawn tools: Lowe’s or Home Depot or Tractor Supply, etc. Some states like Texas and Oklahoma allow ethanol-free gas sales at the pump. Short of that, you can buy a small bottle of Sta-Bil and it’ll treat dozens of gallons to fight the ethanol effects.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, but damnit, I should NOT have to do that. That’s an extra expense. I went 30 damn years mowing grass and NEVER drained a lawnmower gas tank at the end of the season. Never!

Now, if you don’t use a tank up within six weeks or stabilize it, you’re fucked. This ethanol shit should come with warnings. I drove over to the wrong side of Baltimore just to get engine parts a few years ago. Goddamnit. What is this shit doing to cars?

I even found a great small engine repair forum, became a member, asked a few questions and related a disaster I had, and got publicly humiliated by those engine bastards. So, fuck ethanol!

I suppose I should say something political. I’ve listened to Season 1 podcast of Slow Burn. FUCK NIXON!

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don't want to get in trouble for outing @typefitter but this is just nuts.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That’s worse than ethanol.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I've said before, leaving this thread for a few hours or a day or whatever and finding a discussion like this is a pure delight. It's more fun to imagine how the thread got here than to go back and find out.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why is that dumb?

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

They are baby killers. Fuck both of them. I hope neither has a moment's peace for the rest of their miserable lives. And fuck you, too, if you support either of them.

(Isn't that how we are playing this game?)

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And made food prices soar, especially stuff in all the middle aisles in your grocery store because corn oil is in a shit-ton of food.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because if they do it the legal way, they're still going to get sent back. Might as well risk sneaking in and stay under the radar as long as they can.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's actually the opposite. Corn is a cheap and prolific crop, and as if that isn't enough, it is underwritten by a massive subsidy program. It (along with soy, to a slightly smaller extent) has changed the diet of Americans. In large part it is due to high-fructose corn syrup, which is a cheap, addictive ingredient that permeates the processed foods you are talking about. It has made Archer Daniels Midland a fortune. It has made the processed food companies a fortune, because it allows them to offer relatively cheap, addictive foods. It has made Americans unhealthier, for sure. But what it hasn't done is made food prices soar. It's quite the opposite.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Agricultural Subsidies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.