1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yup, conservatives are wonderful little darlings:

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oh, the binary world of the simple minded.

It must be so easy to live there.

Baron Scicluna and franticscribe like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

By rethinking, I'm guessing Harris has a re-education plan in mind that rethinks how the government thinks about immigration, period.

Pressed for specifics in the clips, Harris came up with the family separation policy and how ICE looks at asylum seekers. As it stands, ICE is skeptical of asylum requests on the border because some people are trained to lie.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Is abolishing ICE a bad idea? It's only 15 years old, and according to the people who most ardently advocate for it, it's been doing a terrible job.

Why not just go back to the old Customs/INS model?

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm like, Congratulations on your vote for Trump then, I guess? Real winner of a president you have yourselves there.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only one flaw: The food looks good, fresh and healthy. No way he steps in the place.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I am a totally hostile to anything trump. I think republicans have turned into either active fascists or sheep.
    But, I am voting for a republican governor, county executive and local prosecutor this coming November.This is based on the quality of the candidates. All 3 republicans are moderate and more reasoned than their opponents. All of whom are truly left wing reactionary democrats. They are running as progressives but I cant find anything progressive about their policy positions. Just left wing victim groupspeak. THese 3 local republicans seem to be running on a moderate platform that considers all of the electorate. The local democrats, like trump, are running to governor on behalf of their base and against anyone who isn’t their base of support.

I consider health care to be a pro-life position.I am against tax money going to private schools and think school choice is a scam to take money away from public schools in favor of for- profit schools. Very LGBT friendly and I do consider taxes to be the price to be paid to live well. Not necessarily pleased they way the tax money is always spent or the developers and businesses that receive breaks that the middle class will never see. But these local dems seem to be running to make the left wing feel good rather than trying to incorporate the moderates and middle class. One reason is that the moderates and middle class are, in my area, white and Asian. Not part of the democrats’ most favored nation status

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Hope all is well!

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

University of Delaware breathing a sigh of relief it chose blue.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Trump supporters: Doing the right thing for over a fiftieth of a century!

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As someone who is working on becoming a history teacher, I must point out "left wing" and "reactionary" are polar opposites. "Radical" is the word you wanted.

Now that I'm done being that guy, I don't begrudge anyone voting for whom they see best represents their positions. I just can't vote Republican right now. Some Rs I used to respect have gone to the dark side. I'll concede the pushing further left will lose moderate independents or more center Dems, but the areas that sway my vote are being assaulted by Trump/Tea-Party Republicans and I just can't give my vote to members of a party that sold out to that wing.

heyabbott and TowelWaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.