1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If all cable news vanished, our nation's collective IQ would rise by 10 points and its blood pressure decline by the same amount.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also worth pointing out WHY people feel compelled to confront Trumpists, as laid out succinctly in this thread. TL;DR: Other ways of influencing government are being killed off.

amraeder likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Imagine what good Republicans like Jacob Javits and Charles Percy would have thought of today’s disaster of the GOP.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I wish the best for your son.

I hope you get help, too.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's a very civil post.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You people. Not only is that tweet obviously hyperbole, but I even mentioned a few posts later that it was a typical troll for the typical people.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Same media that went balls deep for a few years on Hillary’s emails and gave trump soft wet kisses on everything.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow, PCLoadLetter, Gutter and 4 others like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m wrong but FoxNews gets less 1% of the population as viewers. Their audience contains the same, but smaller, audience that reads conservative websites and social media and listens to right wing talk radio.

Even if you just factor 24-55 demographic, FoxNews gets 1/2 million viewers. And even if the ratings are wrong by 100% it’s still a niche audience. The combined daily circulation of The NY Times Washington Post LA Times and a few other metro area newspapers dwarf right wing media outlets.

If CNN, the networks and the real journalists would treat Fox With indifference rather than alarm we’d all be better off

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see Tod on the bread line talking about how this is all a tactic and how he’ll have his job back any day now.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.