1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

1) type’s increasingly unhinged rants about a government of a country he doesn’t live in are a sign of deeper anger that has nothing to do with Trump, Republicans, me, etc.

2) I don’t think he wants to compare our situations as it relates to the sacrifices we make for our children — financial or otherwise.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a busy morning if martyring ahead.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Another offshoot of your," I was only joking. That was a joke." posts. Just amazing how often this happens.

Don't worry, it is definitely them, not you. Definitely.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

An autism joke. Nice.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

Tell it to Medgar Evers, MLK, Bobby Kennedy...

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fearless leader Orange Cheeto bullshit artist strikes again ...

In South Carolina rally, Trump targets Sanford, McCain and TV comedians

In a discursive 58-minute rally at Airport High School here, he attacked Arnold Schwarzenegger for his TV ratings, revived criticism of Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) for his extramarital affair on what Trump inaccurately called the “Tallahassee Trail,” accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of “grandstanding,” lamented the small high school gymnasium, misstated NATO spending, called home-state comedian Stephen Colbert a “lowlife,” recited his long and recently soured history with comedian Jimmy Fallon over a hair tussle, and repeatedly mocked some of his predecessors as being worse than him.

Trump said that Democrats don’t like police officers and that his tax cuts are the “greatest ever.” He exaggerated the U.S. trade deficit. He took credit for better ticket sales at the Olympics and seemingly even for more rockets going to space, describing SpaceX chief executive Elon Musk’s rockets to an apparently perplexed crowd.

“NASA is now open for business!” he said. “We’re going to create a space force!”

He accused Germany of ripping off the United States with automobiles, even though BMW is one of the state’s biggest employers.

He assured the crowd that his hair is real, bragged about the myriad TVs on Air Force One and complained that he has been treated unfairly, saying he deserved more praise for his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un — and most everything else. “Sometimes you have to toot your own horn because nobody else is going to do it,” he said.

Trump called public opinion polls “fake” — Gallup showed his approval down to 41 percent Monday — and told his assembled supporters that they were the “super-elite” because they were richer, smarter and more patriotic. He somehow dissected the American and Canadian national anthems, saying he prefers the American one.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

~Elie Wiesel

goalmouth likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

1) Poles, Czechs, the French, and, as it turns out, Canadians and Americans, an ocean away, had no reason to be concerned about the rise of Nazi Germany, did they? I can also be angry at idiots like you without it being a reflection of the rest of my life, which, not that you'll believe me or care, is pretty much as good as it gets at the moment. That won't last, because life is ups and downs. But right now? Pretty great.

2) I have never compared our fathering or made judgments about your ability as a father. That's your pathetic game. Although I am a good dad, and I think from our PMs about autism, you know that. I'm also happy to say that my boys hugely benefit from having a good mother, and while our marriage did not work out, I give her full credit for how she is with our boys. She's an amazing mum, which is one of the reasons I married her in the first place. Together, I think we're doing a good job raising our kids, who seem happy and content.

3) You never answered my post directly, about whether you wish you had access to an RDSP and whether you could see how it would benefit your son, even though it's clearly a liberal idea. That's because you're obtuse and can't admit when you've been dumb.

4) The best defence you have is that you're joking and/or trolling. Do you see that? That's the best out you have. That you're a troll.

So, I say again: Congratulations, you dolt. Way to fucking go.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

In the meantime, maybe Tod can snag one of those millions of coal mining jobs coming any day now ...

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.