1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. Starting from scratch and abolishing are not the same thing. She is talking about fixing it and saying that it might need to be rebuilt from the ground up to correct the problems with ICE. That is not the same thing as getting rid of it entirely.

Getting rid of it entirely would be like Trump's plan for Obamacare, eradicating something without caring about what takes its place.

I do thank you for posting less these days. Seriously, Dickie's departure was a real loss for this place. I'm still hoping DQ returns. But your absence is nothing but a blessing, not because we don't need conservative voices here. We absolutely need those. We just need one who can do it better and with more honesty than you could ever bring to the table.

2. outofplace

Translation: He's got you and you're running.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You got me!

4. outofplace

Do you still not understand the difference between an action based on bigotry and an action based on distaste for an individual? Or is it a willful ignorance you are hiding behind to further your argument?

5. outofplace

I actually do. So does he. You just lack the integrity to genuinely concede either point.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're uninformed on where the Democratic base is on this issue.

They want to abolish ICE, and have open borders.

Cynthia Nixon, running against Andrew Cuomo in the Dem primary for Governor, has called them a terrorist organization. You think she want's to 'fix" ice?

And, I'll let you figure out who this is, and what his shirt says:

[​IMG]

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Laugh out motherfucking loud. Have you read the comments on the Red Hen page? Butthurt Trumpies crying like little fucking children all over it. The conservative persecution complex is a little too much.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can find a tweet from a fellow moron to express your point of view. That will let you spend even more time on your phone when you're driving, say, or hanging out with your kids.

10. YankeeFan

Boston City Councilor, and candidate for Congress:

“ICE was created less than 20 years ago, and it is clear now that the agency is irrevocably broken,” Pressley said in a statement. “If elected I will work with federal leaders to rehouse the non-immigration enforcement functions of ICE — including human trafficking and money laundering investigations — elsewhere in the US Department of Homeland Security, while immediately eliminating funding for enforcement and removal functions.”

Ayanna Pressley endorses defunding ICE - The Boston Globe

She wants to abolish ICE, and eliminate enforcement and removal. That's not "fixing" it, and this is where the energy is in the party.

11. outofplace

Thank you for so quickly proving my point regarding your dishonesty. "Democrats" do not what the things you claim they want. You find a few random liberals and claim they represent everybody on that side of the aisle. It is the type of lie you constantly use to muddy the waters in defense of all things Trump.

Also, I wasn't even writing about the base. I was writing about the difference between starting from scratch and abolishing, yet another concept you either fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge because it doesn't fit into your plan to demonize the left.

Cynthia Nixon's candidacy is a joke. I've written as much multiple times. Despite the issues I have with Cuomo, especially regarding education, she has no business being in that race.

Regarding the image, I'm not interested in doing research projects for you. If you want to make a point regarding that person and his message, go for it. I hold out hope that it would be your first valid point of the day, but your history on SJ.com makes that feel like a foolish hope on my part.

12. YankeeFan

SnarkShark, SpeedTchr and lcjjdnh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.