1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

He was suspended for wearing a Trump shirt. Now, he’s suing his Oregon school district

Again: How many of these lawsuits do I have to post before you agree your hot take was bullshit? Give me a number ...

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Fly, Spartan Squad and Justin_Rice like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure, replace it with something else, that has no funding for enforcement and removal functions.

And, does Keith Ellison believe in "open borders" or not?

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't want to tell you how to parent, but when they're in front of you, you'll probably know if something happens. Unless you're looking at your phone.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice

6. typefitter

I believe the correct usage is Niiiiiccccceeeeeeee.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Unless I’m at work, they’re always in front of me.

Right now I’m on the deck with them.

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The kid may lose this fight. There was a case 8 or 9 years ago now of high schoolers in California getting sent home for refusing to remove American flag shirts on Cinco De Mayo. The courts said the school had the right to do it in order to keep the school safe and free from disruptions.

But that's not your point with this post, it will just be interesting to see what happens

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to hear the fine folks here tell me how to compassionately enforce our border?

Because, absent some physical barrier to prevent entry, we can't kick them out right away, we aren't supposed to detain them -- especially if they are traveling with kids -- and there's no support for a "deportation force" to kick out those who are released, and don't show up for a hearing, or who have a deportation order against them.

Folks say they aren't for open borders, but if you object to every effort to stop illegal entry, or deport those who enter illegally, that's what you have.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Update: I just got a request for Cookie Monster on the tablet, so my son is upstairs on his swing. Daughter is playing in mud in the yard. Have to go back and forth to keep an eye on them.

What are you up to?

12. typefitter

Unknown.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.