1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

More conservatives suing because they were denied service.

Complaint Final

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I too can find quotes from the extremist edge of the GOP, post them, and claim that their ravings are the policy that the party is pursuing. The difference is that 1. I don't do that... I may post quotes of those positions but I don't claim that they are the party as a whole's position and B. If I did, those extreme positions would be closer to the average position of the Trumplican Party than Maxine Waters and her ilk are to the average Democrat.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No, you'd just replace ICE with the enforcement agency that preceded it, the INS.

I'm not sure what Keith Ellison believes, or what he'd suggest we legislate.

I see, of course, that the right wing has translated his t-shirt and is upset by it.

Trouble is, it's a lyric from a very popular song.

Letra de La Bamba Rebelde de Las Cafeteras | Musixmatch

You can buy the t-shirt here:

No Fronteras Tee - BLACK from Las Cafeteras

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Second in charge of the DNC is an extremist? I think we can agree on that.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm in the coffee shop, taking a break from working on my book. (53,656 words, well ahead of pace.) My kids are in school. I'm going to go pick them up after and play some tennis with them. Then dinner. Then coaching my younger one's football. Then I'll take them back to their mum for bed. I'll hang with my girlfriend. We've been watching a show called Ugly Delicious on Netflix. I really like the main guy, David Chang. Wears his heart on his sleeve.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gee, do you think that might be a reaction to putting babies and toddlers in government detention camps? Or that pursuing people who have lived here peacefully and legally for twenty years over a misdemeanor decades ago and throwing them out of the country without warning might make many members of the public think that ICE is pursuing very extreme enforcement?

Baron Scicluna and OscarMadison like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Members of Congress, candidates for Congress (some currently holding local office), and the Deputy Chair of the DNC are not out of the mainstream of the Democratic Party.

And, the extreme elements of the party are putting pressure on folks like Harris to support the abolition of ICE.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Cookie Monster is No. 1 in the Sesame Street RPI.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don’t get to watch many shows. Having the kids around everyday, I watch what they want. Maleficent this morning, some Simon and PJ Masks so far this afternoon.

When I get home from work, because the kids are just feet away, I usually keep the TV off so as not to wake them.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

By far.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who says they'll replace its enforcement functions? Not the local Boston politician running for Congress.

And, am I really not supposed to read anything into Ellison's t-shirt, while taking Melania's jacket as an obvious message? You think he wasn't sending a message with that shirt?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Prosecute employers for hiring the undocumented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.