1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Am I so out of touch to hope I can raise a child who isn't constantly glued to a screen for hours at a time?

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 2.43.11 PM.png

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I say we give the immigrants luxury plane rides to Canada and drop them off. Obviously a safer and better country with great social programs. Probably even set them up with savings accounts. They're probably begging for a couple hundred thousand new cheap workers up there, so let's help 'em out. Who's with me?!

I'm gonna say cap the program at the first million across our border. We can't let our northern neighbors have all the good stuff!

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This, by the way, compels a question for another board: March Madness of Sesame Street with regions, seeds, etc.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We're assuming the replacement would be funded. It's not like Trump plans, which address the issue of funding with lies or vague promises that never come to fruition.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the memo? It's Infrastructure Week!

Slacker likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If anyone here was really interested in stopping La Migra, we'd have long since arrested the chairmen of Hormel and Armour and Cargill and ADM and United Fruit and every building contractor from Bangor to Redondo Beach who ever hired undocumented labor.

lakefront likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's what SHYFS should have done. Eat somewhere else. But instead she got on the bully pulpit of a government Twitter account and made a story where there was none.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, are you in full support of E-Verify?

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Rant: I am at the beach with my in-laws, and my brother-in-law and his wife plant their kids (4 and 2) in front of a movie or show at the drop of a hat. I’ve been to their house, and it’s the same there. And (I assume) because they watch TV constantly, they have no attention span and wander off, and then you have the older Circus children glued to way more TV than I want them to watch. There are five adults and five children here. It’s not a Casa QYFW situation. There is no reason to park them in front of a show. But that’s what they’re doing.

Also, I am writing this on my phone with my older boys sitting in front of me glued to The Argentina-Nigeria game. I am a gigantic hypocrite.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They're not eligible for refugee status if they've gotten to the US.

And, despite our Nazi regime here, Trudeau won't waive this rule.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.