1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You bemoan incivility among Democrats who are sick of the LibTard, Snowflake tratement, who stand up and speak truth directly to power. I show you far more violent and incendiary language used in national speeches by the leader of the Republicans, who repeatedly advocates physical attacks on people who disagree with him and offers to pay for lawyers if someone beats shit out of them.

That's not whataboutism, that's fact proven by video. "He never said that" or "He was joking, don't you have a sense of humor" won't wash.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

An Irish pol who has held the district for a long time underestimated a Puerto Rican woman in a district that is now 78% Puerto Rican. Yes, she's very liberal to the point of being a pain in the national party's ass, but I'm far from convinced that was the winning factor.

That said, you're surprised that a Hispanic district might respond to someone who says that someone should limit the power of ICE? Are you paying attention to what's been happening in this country?

OscarMadison and matt_garth like this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

well, you see, there is no basis for that, as far as I know. I know very little of the politics of the board. I only "know" a few of you. So I really don't know their history. But you are safe in making any gay joke that is not mean spirited. There is humor in everything. (unless it hurts)

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

poor mike pence, going to fing hell, if there is one.

garrow likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, Mitch did want to hear from "the people."

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Grim result in Staten Island for advocates of restoration of felons' public service.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah, which is why he scurried right to the car with his head down and let his wife fight his battle for him

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

She's more of an anti-Semite Democrat than an open borders Democrat.

She should be accepted into the party with open arms.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought she was going to go Bruce Lee on those kids

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I didn't care for Trump saying those things at his rallies. It was beneath the office he was running for and divisive. I certainly don't think he should be doing it now that he's president.
    And I certainly don't care for or think we should be doing this. We're better than this. This isn't "speaking truth directly to power," this is a disaster waiting to happen.

And for the record, can you or someone else define "Whataboutism?"
    I know it's some bullshit made up term for "do as I say, not as I do," but I'd like to know the official definition so I can spot it when I see it. Because people advocating and defending these tactics because of what Trump has said and done sure seems like it, but apparently it's not because they think they're right. And then when we point out missteps or provocative things Obama said and did it's Whataboutism because we're all evil heartless Nazi bastards if we're not in lockstep with progressive ideology.
    I'd like a ruling on this, please.

11. Della9250

Oklahoma just legalized medical marijuana, and it's going to be by double digits too.

12. Della9250

Unsurprisingly, has no clue what is going on

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.