1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"We'll see what happens. People are talking."

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Old news, Capt. Stillman. It's Space Force now. Try to keep up!

cc: @Neutral Corner

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I was not talking about Memories when I mentioned the fines. I was giving a list of examples. I never said they were sued, they couldn't have been sued, since ONCE AGAIN, it was a hypothetical.

I was talking about the free market in general, at that point. First I pointed out the distinctions, THEN I started talking about the free market generally.

You asked me what my thoughts are. I gave them, but I will dumb it down for you.

1. What people did to Memories Pizza was bad. The difference between that and Red Hen, Red Hen actually happened, AND Memories didn't refuse to serve anyone, they answered a hypothetical about a specific catering job, not serving lunch or dinner in a restaurant.

2. Fining a business to run them out of business is also bad. It was wrong to do. That's not what was done here either.

3. Other than that, I don't care. People can protest a business all they want, and let the free market decide.

I hope that clears it up. If not, I can't simplify it any more than that.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wrong. You don’t invade by dropping in from outer space.

You waste them Canuck motherfuckers by making them run from Hellfire missiles.

#RevengeFrom1812

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If a Senator thought Obama shouldn't have been able to appoint someone during his last year, they should have voted no.
    Just holding a vote, if the nominee was voted down, would not have been a victory for Obama.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which is a more egregious offense:
    1) Refusing service to one individual and asking that person to leave;
    2) Literally throwing excrement at the business and protesting with signs that tell literally millions of people that they are evil and unworthy of respect?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, that's going to be inconvenient. NATO bombs usually come with carving a nation into pieces.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My question was about where the Red Hen protests - the only example we’ve discussed where the government took any kind of action or made any kind of statement against a business - fits in with your assertion that conservatives just move on and eat somewhere else. I don’t know what Memories Pizza has to do with that. Not bringing in unrelated examples would be a great way to simplify it for my tiny brain.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe lay off the weed a bit.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.