1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He did not want Biden stopping in the bakery, I have no idea if Biden was actually going to eat anything. Point stands he was not welcome there and the person was celebrated for it. Did either of you watch the video?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Except Trump said today he's sticking to his list of 20-25 people that he compiled during the campaign and she's not on it.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

To quote Bob, It ain’t dark yet, but it’s gettin’ there.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because if there's one guy who never lies or goes off script, it's him

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No doubt. The Supreme Court is just another political entity. I can imagine a scenario where an even more heavily right wing Republican court rules that California can't allow sales of medical marijuana. California will say fuck you and try to enforce it. I remember a famous quote from Stalin where he asked how many divisions the Pope had.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So I'm probably smack in the middle of Gilead. Yep. Fucked.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump then sends in federal troops to invade medical marijuana dispensaries as Cheech and Chong stand in the doorway.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He didn't want the place used as a campaign prop.

Had Joe Biden, hungry customer with a sweet tooth, stopped by unannounced and ordered something, he would have been served. And we both know it.

YankeeFan and Batman like this.
  9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I was referring to Sanders and Nielsen specifically. Neither one of them filed a lawsuit, like the gay couple that sued, thus I was addressing them specifically. Sanders just moved on. Nielsen left the restaurant. Bondi left the movie theater.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Haha. Extreme action by the party of states' rights.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't that pretty much what California and the other states jumping on the marijuana legalization train are saying already?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Supreme Court still follows the election returns, as Mr. Dooley said over a century ago. The Warren Court supported civil rights because most Americans did (thank the Cold War for that, and it only lasted until northern whites found out they applied in their communities, too). Getting rid of medical and even legal marijuana would make the Court a political albatross for Republicans, not a strength. Same with gay marriage. Since these are legal ideologues, very isolated from American life, I won't say they wouldn't do it. I'll only note Jeff Sessions wanted to crack down on pot and Republican Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado put a stop to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.