1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They revel in your REACTION to his incivility and grotesque behavior.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm starting to believe it's becoming a gateway drug to the former.

They think they can back away from this soon, that when he exits the stage they can just reap all the rewards from their useful idiot and go back to being the principled adults they believe they've always been.

That's just not how human nature works. They're becoming permanent grotesques.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Soooo the letter B again? :D

4. BTExpress

Xenon would have worked better.

Batman and Songbird like this.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I'm not a search engine, and I don't have the time here to explain how all that works out. There have been some accomplishments by people that could be labeled liberal, but that's not the point. For one, I'm speaking of the modern liberal, not the "liberals" that ushered in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, assuming they WERE liberal.

John F. Kennedy was considered a liberal. He believed in limited government, lowering taxes (which he did), which would be considered conservative today. That's not who I am speaking about. I'm speaking about the liberal movement NOW. I'm speaking about people who think Bernie Sanders knows what he is talking about. I'm taking about an ideology that thinks there are 72 genders, that gender is fluid, that cry and whine about an election.

Once again, I would love it if my question was answered.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

How many quotes from Civil Rights opponents where they decry those damn liberals sticking their noses in their states politics do you need me to post before you'll concede that the charge for the Civil Rights Act was led by liberals?

JFK believed in deficit spending to recover from the 1961 recession. He overspent on state highway aid funds. He raised farm price supports. He expanded food stamps and the US Employment office. He helped raise welfare payments. Domestic spending went up under Kennedy.

Only in the rewritten conservative version of history would JFK be considered "a conservative today," where cutting taxes is the only requirement for membership.

I'm not answering your question because it's going to lead down the path of the abortion debate. Some people think a 5-year-old "kid" is the same thing as a four-week-old-still-in-the-womb "kid." Other people don't.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

By that definition conservatism means a military industrial welfare society. The majority’s interpretation of their religious dogma is superior to the Constitution. There were good Nazis. Slavery was a net positive for all involved. Free Speech isn’t free but is only valued if you can buy it. The right to Personal liberty Is dependent upon the grace of the ruling party

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Excellent. So should abortion clinics have to make required guilt-trip spiels that the GOP is making them say and do for patients even though they may not agree?

First Amendment, you know.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bernie is nuts. He's dangerous. He helped put an ignorant, racist, unqualified demagogue in the White House.
    Discussion of LGBTQ issues is not so much about biology as it is about human dignity.
    Everybody whines about lost elections. Look at your guy Roy Moore, the child molester and racist and conservative hero who is still griping about his loss.
    When elections appear to have been impacted by hostile foreign governments, we have a duty to investigate. If, that is, we really care about our democracy.
    When your president expresses more support for Russia than for our own intelligence operations, there is a problem.

garrow, Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Then what should be the reaction?

12. BTExpress

90 percent of the time: Eyeroll
    10 percent of time: Reasoned explanation of why the behavior may not be in the country's best interests.
    0 percent of the time: Crying and sky-is-falling proclamations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.