1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

While the Vice President cannot vote except to break a tie is Constitutional, it is a rule of the Senate since the 1st term of the Senate, that the Vice President cannot partake in the debate of bills or speak on the floor of the Senate. This was done to shut-up VP John Adams.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Translation: "He doesn't agree with me, so he's an imbecile."

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A lack of a reaction would often be the best course of conduct. If the media, non-Fox broadcast and cable news outlet and journalist, would only report and print true statements made by the President and ignore his pufferies, fabrications, canards and falsehoods we would be better off. And stop covering the reaction of reactionaries to trump's lies. Fox and MSNBC are political opinion channels, refer to them as such. If trump wants to tweet, fine. If the public wants to read his tweets, fine and let the members of the public forward and comment on it like trump is any other troll.

There are 2 known ways to treat a bully:
    punch the bully in the mouth. That's a federal offense and is not recommended.
    ignore the bully. Ghost that bitch.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

That's Senator Kennedy. His philosophy changed completely after he became president.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Wait. First you said, "He's a conservative, and you should look at this speech to see why." Now you're saying, "He became a conservative after he became President."

I'm starting to suspect your only evidence for, "JFK would be considered a conservative today!" is a tax cut. You got anything else?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

All I know is I read Shapiro's novel "True Allegiance" and I've never laughed harder in my life.

Ben Shapiro tried to write a serious novel and it's delightfully awful.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Ben Shapiro's brand of intellectualism is the result of attaining a Ph.D. in MAL Theory

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Wrong speech. Read the NY Economic Club speech. It reads like something Reagan would write.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Lots of posters here don't like people like Shapiro. It's not just politics. Trying to put my finger on it ...

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

LOL yeah. So the only thing one needs to do to be considered "conservative" is cut taxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.