1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Whenever suspects are arrested and they deny I expect all federal agencies to release the suspects.
    Every person who crosses the border should deny having done it

2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how this shows an “ignorance of the law.” It’s not a legal point—it’s logical one. Presumably the article said phone RECORDS (which can be subpoenaed) and phone calls (which obviously can’t, unless it happened to be recorded).

3. heyabbott

Trump Republicans and their supporters make no pretense of trying to govern on behalf of everyone. It’s their complete self interest. At the expense of everyone else. The only thing their honest about is that they don’t a fuck about anyone who doesn’t support trump.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

they're

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Jordan asks, "Did you subpoena the calls and emails?" When Rosenstein says, "There's no way to subpoena phone calls," Jordan does not respond by saying, "I know that. I meant records of phone calls." He merely repeats Hannity's words. Just like every Trumpist in America.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Oh, no...

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

I wasn’t defending him. I was just questioning the idea it was a matter of law as opposed to logic.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. heyabbott

Well that may be your attitude as well. But every other president, including Nixon, claimed to govern on behalf of every American. Not just the ones with boats and bigger apartments.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

After browsing the twitter feed of Jarrod Ramos, I wonder how many countries in the world would allow him to legally have a weapon?

Would New Zealand (my personal favorite for gun laws)?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I know I wouldn’t. But who knows how he got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.