1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He shouldn’t have been allowed to own any firearm beyond a 5-year-old’s water pistol. But, Second Amendment!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Art of the Deal.

Dems are so convinced that Trump is a dummy, they never saw it coming.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There goes all the sponges again.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We are seeing a breakdown of all institutions that would serve as a check against authoritarianism, - the courts, law enforcement, and the press.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He'll fit right in.

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. Vombatus

All except for that tiny thing called elections. Pretty sure they will still be held.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But they will be held with restrictions in place -- registration, Gerrymandering -- that will compromise their integrity to the benefit of one particular party.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You think at how completely this goes though. It's a vicious cycle. You stack the courts who allow restrictive voting registration and election procedures, gerrymandered districts, which only further tilt a legislative body out of whack with its population....

9. Vombatus

I saw something today that said the front runners for 2020 are Joe Biden and .... Hillary.

No shit. I just burst out laughing.

I’ll see if I can find the stupid link. That’s all we fucking need - the root cause of this shit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Seems like a shoo-in.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Thankfully he's a long shot from hell. He's running in a majority-minority district that was designed to pack Democrats in one district, thus creating more safe Republican seats.

As disgusting as this man is, and as amazed as I am that the N.C. GOP can't fully disavow themselves of him, I'm also a little annoyed at how much press this nutter is getting without the proper context that he's got close to zero chance of actually winning the seat.

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Inevitably, it ends with revolution. But sometimes that takes decades or centuries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.