1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Revealing the content of a PM is a violation of board policy, just one among many by you. I'm not sure if that rule applies when a poster lies about a PM, which I believe is what you are doing here.

The real question is if you are going to backtrack and try to claim this was just a joke later or will you double down?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

Did you feel that one sail over your head?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it should be fine, since I didn't identify the sender, or use any direct quotes.

You mentioned that you wished Dick could/would come back. I'd think a PM to Ragu from a prominent poster like yourself would mean a lot.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. outofplace

It's also probably okay because it is fiction, just your latest lie.

You should offer to switch places with Dick. Given the great value you think you have here, I'm sure that would get somebody's attention.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don’t want to disclose which moderator told me that Ragu was the hold up to Dick’s return. That wouldn’t be fair — though I think that’s been pretty obvious to everyone.

It’s a shame too, since I think the board really misses his voice as well.

The board is certainly better and more active since I accepted the invitation to return, but it’s still not running at full speed, all because Ragu got his feelings hurt.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Maybe Dick can get an account over on Board 2.0.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't really care. Do U?

11. outofplace

The board would be better with Dickie.

The board would be infinitely better if your absence became permanent. People would easily adapt and move on, as they have done when far better posters than you left. As they would do if I left.

I wasn't asking you to reveal anything. I know you're lying. It's what you do.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

While I like the quote I don't think it was Lincoln's. I might be wrong but don't have time to research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.