1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. Seriously. Just let it happen.
    Now carry on. Who loves Trump?? Who does not love Trump?? You know, the usual shit here.

SoloFlyer and Pilot like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The blatant lying still staggers me. It shouldn't. But it does. We need to get back to a fact-based world.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree. Across the board.

Of course that’s tricky when people tend to look at things through “my truth.”

We’re a nation constantly writing our own stories.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A thought: “Abolish ICE” is a neat rallying cry, hut it begs the question “OK, well, who will guard the border?”

Tue left should simply argue for open borders and make the argument that open borders are safer and cheaper than what we have now.

I’m not saying it would be. I am saying there are limits to what “abolish ICE!” does for you. People I know do interpret it as “abolish the police!”

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This segment is a disturbing discussion that hits on a lot of talking points regarding the rise of fascism under Trump.

Bill Maher with panelists Michael Moore, Bradley Whitford, Jennifer Rubin and Col. Lawrence Wilkerson.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

Satellite images raise alarms about North Korean nukes

"Satellite images showing North Korea making substantial improvements to one of its nuclear research facilities are raising alarms that the government has little interest in actually giving up its nuclear arsenal."

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, we had the INS for a century or so and they seemed to do OK. ICE was a product of 9/11 hysteria and nothing else. I will grant you that 9/11 hysteria has never stopped for millions of people.
    PS: Customs and Border Patrol is the agency that guards the border, not ICE. They have their own problems, but ICE is basically white racism's roving police force.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.