1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That’s a fake story.

Anyone who’s driven across the border would recognize it as fake.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

My goodness, you're a fucking raving lunatic.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

See moron?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If “abolish ICE” actually means “bring back the INS!” then that may be a message the left wants to put together a little better.

If abolishing ICE is about some inherent racism that exists in its function I still don’t think that gets the left away from “abolish the police!” We can’t just end all law enforcement we don’t like. Not because there wouldn’t be any law enforcement...but because one has an idea of the kind of “better for all” law enforcement the left might have in mind...

5. YankeeFan

Yes, I do see one.

6. YankeeFan

It's already been expanded. Signs today were all about abolishing ICE and CBP.

They don't want enforcement or deportations.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I stand by my statement. It's a fascist collection of horrible people who didn't even the guts to be prison guards, let alone cops. The goons separating children from parents (many of whom are CBP) should spend many years in cages themselves. But you're made it clear where you stand. You're proud of kicking the weak.I'm glad we'll never meet.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not as hard as Queening. Because that involves vacuuming, too.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The police should not be a sacrosanct thing that we live our lives around. The fourth amendment, and the constitution in general, put primacy on protecting people's rights over a police state. That is not me blindly adhering to my notions about the constitution. It's the society I personally want to live in. Leave people alone UNLESS there is a REALLY good reason. ... and you follow some very strict rules about messing with people's lives.

Sometimes people forget that we don't have to live our lives at the mercy of the police. The police are supposed to do their jobs around us, and the tie should always goes to the runner when it comes to them. I realize that non-Americans don't get the same exact entitlements that citizens do, but due process is due process, and more importantly, decency is decency. This is such a made up crisis. There are people living here illegally because they come from some really crummy places, and like the ancestors of A LOT of Americans they had the guts to uproot themselves and try for a better life. ... for them and their families. The rhetoric that has come from the assholes in the executive is not only xenophobic at best and racist at worst, it shows a lack of compassion that should bother people. These perverted notions of law and order and how we need to suddenly chase down people who have lived here for decades, not hurting anyone, are pure cruelty. There's no need for it.

In the case of ICE, I'd much rather a mostly unseen, small force that patrols the border to the best of its ability, than a roving band of stormtroopers hunting down people who, as a practical matter, aren't hurting anyone. ICE is now terrorizing people who have been here for decades, aren't bothering anyone, and have families and lives here. And for what purpose?

I have read so many things like this one from a few days ago: https://nypost.com/2018/06/25/longtime-waiter-deported-by-ice-i-didnt-know-what-hit-me/

It's just senseless and cruel.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sometimes it feels like politics just goes around in circles with nothing more than constant views of Big Ben and Parliamemt.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can you name a city that your boy's favorite law-enforcement outfit liberated from MS 13?

12. YankeeFan

So, if you slip by the Border Patrol, or over stay your visa, and don't commit a felony, you're good to go, and can stay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.