1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The conversation was long over before you decided you had to jump in. So, got anything to say on topic?

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Why is that?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

LOL.

Cosmo likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Furthermore, what prevents the flow of drugs, terrorists, explosives, improvised weapons of mass destruction, etc.?

Arguing about immigration is one thing. But doing away with ICE and Border Patrol? This is some real looney toon shit.

Just solve the damn problem. Congress, come up with a workable immigration policy and pass it! Sheesh.

I miss the days of Tip O’Neill.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I miss the days when a couple of the leaders from both parties would sit down and figure out a deal that at least attempted a fix.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't think those days are coming back anytime soon. Country is broken.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Liberals have lost their minds.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m the one who wants to disarm cops 85 Percent of the time. I don’t think cops are sacrosanct. Others, however, do.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

As I said, you're a fucking raving lunatic.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, there's only so much money and so many resources available to deport people who are in the country illegally. I'm not sure what the current budget is, but when Obama was in office we could afford to deport 400,000 people a year. Since there are way more than 400,000 in the country, you need to decide which 400,000 or whatever the current budget allows. Obama prioritized people who committed violent crimes. To me that makes a lot more sense than just deporting the first 400,000 ICE could find. This administration seems to prefer prioritizing the first 400,000.

12. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

I think in the old days this was somewhat of an illusion because parties were less sorted along partisan lines.

Ironically, some measures intended to “clean up” government have probably hurt, too. Less pork belly makes it more difficult to get deals done. Reforms to campaign finance and committee system have made it harder to keep members in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.