1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

They're what I consider musical Southern Gothic. They're proud of their Alabama/Shoals roots and the fact that they still record everything on analog equipment.

A little background on "Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife:"

That was their tribute to Bryan Harvey, who was one half of House of Freaks, a band that was part of the same Richmond music scene that gave us Carbon Leaf and Dave Matthews. Harvey was a good guy by all accounts and his music almost always hit a listener right in the heart, which made the murder of him and his family that much harder to take.

My favorite HoF song:

And now back to the contemplation of our reflux-inducing government.

Slacker likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

oppression=wrong
    live and let live=right

Consenting human adults should be able to do what they want, no one should be able to tell them they can't. Along with that, there will be restrictions and rules to go by as there is with everything in the world.

That is how I know I am on the right side.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Holy crap, it's good to see Junkie back for just awhile.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think one of the many things you do not understand was his post. :)

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You have some tough competition with @Smallpotatoes and @qtlaw, but you might be the simplest person on the board.

JC likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theorist Laurence Tribe is not my favorite Laurence Tribe. It's actually pretty sad.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah. The story doesn't say how many justices voted to hear the thing. The threshold is only four, and I don't think they ever announce the specific vote total. In order to make a decent implication of quid pro quo here, you'd have to know -- and you should say -- that exactly four justices wanted to hear it. (Without Kennedy, it wouldn't have gotten the go-ahead, in other words.)

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Fair question. My best answer, and I'm too lazy to post a picture, or I would, is Trump mocking the special needs guy. I mean, pussy-grabbing, "very fine people," "enemy of the American people," etc., would all be good answers too, I suppose. As a privileged white male, Trump has done nothing to offend me directly, but he and his ilk offend me daily nonetheless, and if they defend someone of my demographic, I can only imagine how he grates at women, minorities, those with physical issues, etc.

11. lakefront

maybe, but I am not like you, so I have that advantage

12. lakefront

53,707 LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.