1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Said the guy who can't tell the difference between refugees and illegal immigrant.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Look at all those likes! For a gay joke!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How many of those applying for asylum will have a legitimate, credible claim, and will have their petition granted?

It’s a very small percentage.

And, those entering the county illegally, and making an asylum claim when caught, are gumming up the system, and making it more difficult for those with legitimate claims.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Awww, shucks. You flatter me. I mean, you flatter you. Forty posts, more than half about golf, but you drew me out. Yeah, that's what happened.

Although my first post back was in response to some complete bullshit you posted about a place I lived for 10 years. Your post was absolutely full of shit, which I pointed out, with facts to back it up. You ignored that, though. Because that's what you do.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That's why there are hearings.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  10. YankeeFan

Sorry dude. I guess none of those 40 posts were memorable to me.

I’m really sorry I missed all of the golf posts. I bet they were great.

But, I’m glad you, like the rest of the board, noticed and remembered my posts.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It's all good. And not tough to remember when someone -- no matter who it is -- makes an incorrect post about people you lived around for 10 years. I'd probably remember your reply to that, too, had there been one.

12. YankeeFan

And, how many -- or what percentage -- will have a legitimate claim?

Not much has changed in Central America in the last 18 months. We can use history as a guide. The vast majority will have their claims denied.

Like the mom of the girl on the cover of Time, who we know came here for economic reasons, and not reasons of personal safety, and has already been deported previously, most of these folks do not have a legitimate asylum case.

They just don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.