1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of saying, ahem, odd things...care to explain this, @YankeeFan?

Trump appears to make up a conversation with steel company executive

(Credit goes to @neutral-corner for originally posting, but apparently our favorite Trump apologist missed it).

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So if you had your way, fedruhl-hating states such as Mississippi, Louisiana et al would be screwed. They get far more from the feds than they deliver.
    According to the rankings linked below, the average dependency score among red states is 40 percent higher (49) than that of blue states (35).
    In overall score, 11 of the 12 most dependent states are red.
    In state resident dependency, 10 of the 12 most fedruhl dependent states are red.
    In state government dependency, 20 of the 23 most fedruhl dependent states are red.

How's the sanctity of states rights working out for your crew? Where would they be without the demonized fedruhl government?
    2018’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Are you saying the rules should only apply to people you don’t like?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How about women being equal to men? Is that a positive liberty that you object to? The Declaration clearly only says that all men are created equal.

lakefront likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ah, the good old days. Before those damned reconstruction amendments were passed to give blacks voting rights and other civil liberties. You know, the amendments that conservative hero Roy Moore, endorsed by Trumpists' savior, thinks are unnecessary.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Trump with the visiting head of state, The Netherlands I think? His hair looked even stranger than normal.

lakefront likes this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Quit your fucking whining, snowflake. The Dick Whitman Defense League has been in full bitch mode long enough.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

garrow and TigerVols like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I know you don't like the guy, but didn't you do exactly what he is accusing you of? It's the third worst offense on the board behind outing and rooting against the Washington Capitals.

Cosmo, SnarkShark and Vombatus like this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

My understanding, honestly, is that it's not cool to post full PMs, although not an actual rule. I know of no rule that says you can't talk about what someone else PMs you in generalities. Like, you could PM me something awful and I'm sworn to secrecy because you sent it via PM? Think about that. Did you complain about @YankeeFan when he talked about what a moderator allegedly wrote him? No, of course you didn't. You're normally fine, but you're one of the leading Dick Whitman Defense League members and it's making you a little weird.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If I spend all afternoon laughing at the thought of you really thinking there's something there in that ... study ... would that be politically incorrect? Or just uncivil?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.