1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No chance.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Is, FFS.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What criteria would you use to reseed?

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Any criteria for reseeding that doesn’t include performance in the World Cup is bullshit. You can’t entirely dismiss what happens in the groups. Winning the group should be important.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There is no criteria that should be used to reseed. The world rankings are a joke and can easily be manipulated.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m not crazy about PKs either.

What about go 7 and a keeper in overtime? Would the extra space on the field create more scoring chances?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm late on this, but he absolutely meant to do it. That whole play was brilliant from him. He saw that Meuniere was on the wing, so he took the center back inside to open up the pass, then saw Chadli coming inside from the other wing, so he took his run back away from him and dummied the pass. He deserves all the credit for that goal and he never touched the ball.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

something better than the way the brackets are now. you think brazil and Belgium both aren't top 5 teams?
    guess if they were 4 and 5 they could meet in a quarterfinal, but looking at the 16 teams in the knockout round
    and the end of group play I'd say Brazil was a 1 or 2 and Belgium a 4 or 5.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, players would die.

Scout likes this.
  10. typefitter

The header? Of course he did. Look at his eyes and the way he turns his body.

I know you're a massive cynic and angry about everything, but these guys are very good football players. They are stunningly skilled.

11. typefitter

Is Belgium, the country on the map playing, or are eleven Belgians playing?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How on Earth do you know who the top 5 teams in the world are? This is so ridiculous.

Just play the freaking games and enjoy them.

I am still trying to digest the suggestion from the other day that two teams replay the game instead of going to penalty kicks.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted