1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"None of that ha been shown to happen." ~ YF

Perhaps you have heard this before... you can't say definitively the Trump campaign did not conspire with the Russians to affect the election until the Special Counsel's investigation has finished and the indictments have been handed down. You can say that you don't believe that it happened, or that none of it has been shown/proven to happen yet. Considering that there is an ongoing investigation which has resulted in numerous indictments, including of Trump's Campaign Chairman and a guilty plea from his National Security Advisor, my opinion is that it *has* been shown to happen, but I'm quite willing to wait for the sealed indictments to be opened and see what Mueller, the FBI, and the Five I's have got by way of hard evidence implicating Trump himself.

I'd be willing to wager that hard evidence exists, and that there are recordings, emails, and other documentary evidence.

We'll see.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, there sure are going to be a lot of interesting memoirs and history books written about this time period.

We should all invest in publishing companies, with a little diversification into gold.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

lines on a chart

arkflow.JPG

garrow likes this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've invested everything in stupid-ass memes for Trumpists to own the libs while their factories and mines close. Can't miss.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Can't be true. I don't see Tiffany anywhere.

garrow and Vombatus like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dude, he was just there for the chicken. It's the best in the city.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because something was fishy?

9. typefitter

You know what that story tells me? It's working. The public discomfort is working.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

F3ECC8CC-D1C7-4589-8BBC-04660E0A1844.jpeg

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

In what way? It is certainly making regular life more uncomfortable for people like McConnell and Miller, but is it actually causing any positive change? That's the goal, right? It seems too early to tell, and I'm not optimistic about these tactics. The targets, I think, are more likely to say "No, fuck YOU!" and double down on their bullshit. And it is further rallying and enraging Trump's base.

I agree, fuck their feelings. But if this is the best the left can come up with to get these men out of office, I fear for 2020.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. typefitter

There is a quote from Mooch in there that says it's wearing them out and hurting recruitment. Obviously, it's no substitute for voting them out, but elections don't happen every day. I don't understand the idea that everybody is supposed to just shrug and wait for the next election. Pruitt seemed to quit because he was sick of the unkind attention, not because Trump decided he didn't want him there. Elections aren't the only recourse in a true Republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.