1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Making abortion illegal. Keeping ownership/use of firearms legal. Reducing government regulations.

It's pretty easy to identify — and rally around — these three issues if you're a Republican.

What about the other side? Can "we" even reach a consensus on three issues that are most important? If not, things don't look too good for this fall's election, let alone 2020.

(for the record, my top three: 1. Protecting the environment; 2. Empowering workers and/or labor unions; 3. Universal, single-payer health care)

lakefront likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yes. Many will be shocked to know #WalkAway is fueled by troll farms and given a megaphone by Russian state-owned media and Fox (US state-owned media).

Troll Farms And Russian Bots Are 'Fixing' Google

lakefront likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those are three good choices. But traditionally, midterms are all about the President. "We'll stop Trump and they won't" is going to be the spoken or unspoken Democratic message whatever candidates propose as positive goals. Also, there are 435 House districts and they're all different. What would be an excellent number one issue one place might not crack the top 10 in others. In Massachusetts 7, my district, soybean price collapse due to Trump's tariffs will not be an issue. In Iowa, Illinois and other Midwestern states, it might be number one in some districts.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, I'd do it this way, since you can't play rock-paper-scissors with the three words:

The first word trumps the next two, and the second word trumps the third. Ergo . . .

Life above everything else.
    Followed by liberty (but not the liberty to kill a human).
    Followed by the pursuit of happiness (but not at the expense of killing someone or denying someone liberty, no matter how happy that may make you).

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The narrative that Trump was poring over the opinions and judicial philosophies of the nominees is the only humor I can find in his presidency.

lakefront and garrow like this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Ok, what is she saying here? He wants to put exactly what in the hands of the government? Abortion? (legal is the opposite of putting it in the hands of the government) And whose hands is she putting it in?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure she doesn't know.

I think she means that while she's pro-life, she doesn't need a law (government) to tell her what's right and wrong.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer and Webster like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

pro abortion enthusiasm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.